Sunday, September 1, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to the Marching Band / Winterguard Props Blog!


What you will find here is several Marching Band / Winterguard prop builds covering a couple of years.

I tried to show the builds from concept to completion and the thinking behind the design.

Hopefully this will help you get ideas for your build.

I will add new pages to the blog as new ideas come up so check back regularly!

Start with the links on the right side of the page and ask questions, make comments but most importantly share your experiences!

If you have a build you are especially proud of I would be happy to add it to the blog.

If you have your own blog I will link to yours!

The goal here is to share ideas. Marching bands run tight budgets and if we can help each other find the best solutions to make great props and save the band money I am in!

Have fun and be respectful of others in this forum and contribute your ideas!

Join us on our Facebook page!
I'm looking for former or current prop leads to help the Marching, Winter and Drum Corps community with their prop challenges!



9 comments:

  1. I found another prop site: 3dmarchingband.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for a "For Hire" designer...here you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a
    formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.



    My site - plumbing jobs in kent Dayton Oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the complement! Information and inspiration is what I am going for! Good luck in your endeavour!

      Delete
  4. Just found your site...great reseource. Thought I would share our prop from this year. Very large modular grand staircase. Total of 10 modules latched together. This thing was nicknamed the beast as it was very large (32ft wide at the front flare little over 29ft long). We used metal frames as "carts" and build the wood modules on top of them. I am certain there are much lighter materials that could be used but our primary concern was strength. Any way thought you might enjoy this.

    https://youtu.be/v5QpUvBMKdA

    P.S. took 40 volunteer parents to move onto the field in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can put this prop in the "Epic" category! Very nice work!

      Delete
  5. Hi to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this
    web site; this weblog consists of remarkable and actually fine material in support
    of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted
    to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing for your feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up plus the rest of the site is also very good.

    ReplyDelete